When you have a friend or relative who is thinking about dating a married man, the best thing you can do for that person is to tell her not to even start. For some women, though, that may not be practical. There are many out there who say people cannot help who they fall in love with, and the love of your life may just be a married man. You can easily meet married men on married internet dating websites. There are various married dating tips along with a married dating guide to help you find the love of your life.
As we all know, being a part of a couple is unpredictable and challenging. When a man you chose to be involved with is already someone else’s husband, then things can be taxing and confusing. The entire situation can make your life very messy and it will most likely turn out to be an unhappy waiting game that the third party will rarely win. The other woman who is in love with the married man lives a life that is shrouded in secrecy for the most part. Only her closest friends would know of her affair, but she shouldn’t let anyone else know. Telling colleagues can bring trouble as they may know the man’s wife.
The other woman is alone most of the time and usually waits for her married boyfriend to call or come to meet her so they can share some precious time together. Since she is not the mother of his children neither the legal wife, her chance of living a happy life with the man she loves is farfetched and unlikely, to say the least.In relationships like these, there will always be someone who will get hurt and most of the time it is the mistress.
If you are the other woman, your survival is crucial. If you have already fallen in love with your married boyfriend, there are a number of hard truths that you have to know. Accepting these can somehow make your affair survive.
• His family’s needs should always outweigh yours. His children and his wife will always come first no matter what. Just because he talks negatively about his wife or their marriage does not mean that his obligations to their children and his wife are any less important to him. Even if they do not have children, the moot point remains – he will always feel obliged to live up to the role as a husband to her and take care of the marriage the best way he can whether he loves her truly or not. The life he shares with his wife includes a social network and friendships which he may be comfortable with and won’t risk losing.
• The life you have together will always be a secret – No matter how much you want to freely take a stroll with him in public and have him tell the world how much he loves you, it is best to accept that it may not happen. He may be more than willing to be your lover and constantly shower you with presents but he is probably never going to introduce you to his friends or have the risk of his family find out about you.
• Even if he seems like the nicest guy in the world, you are only a diversion – This statement is emotionally painful, but unfortunately, it is also true. The beginning of an affair is naughty, thrilling, and romantic at the same time. Planning to be together is fascinating and gives both people a massive adrenaline rush. Stealing hours from work or home to have sex is exciting. Some women, though, mistake the married man’s libido-driven passion for undying love and this is their mistake. Eventually, the excitement will fade for him and romantic interludes with you will be like a chore that is “one more thing he has to do.”
• He and his wife has a bond that is irreplaceable – Statistically speaking, less than 5 percent of men leave their spouses for the one they are having an affair with. There are numerous reasons on why a marriage will end in divorce. Whether it is because if religious beliefs, financial problems, or legal issues, men will always have that certain affection for their wives. Rarely do men end up with their mistresses. This is also something that Katherine Hepburn knew and accepted when she had her long affair with Spencer Tracy. Also, here is another important point: No matter what you want to believe, he is still having sex with his wife.
• You have no claim financially, emotionally, and legally – You may have already realized this. Many mistresses don’t really care about the financial part of the relationship as long as they get to keep the man for themselves. The truth is, even if your married boyfriend has an attachment to you as his lover and may even have deep love for you, he is able to process it in an unemotional way. This doesn’t exactly make him a bad guy, so to speak. In fact, he may even be a wonderfully kind person but he’s just being practical. He knows holding emotions can cause more problems for his family and this is something he does not want to happen.
To safeguard yourself from experiencing emotional pain when the worst happens, you need to take responsibility for what you have done. Instead of justifying the reason why you let yourself have a relationship with a married man, expect what comes along with it and be ready that the relationship will not head to the direction you want. Your married boyfriend is just a minute part of your life and there is more to life than a relationship.
Think of all the good things about yourself and list them down. This will help you realize that you deserve to be in a better relationship with someone who is not committed to anyone else. Married dating tips are all over the internet and these may work for the first several months of the relationship, but how long until his wife finds out?
A social life that is separate from your secret relationship is needed for your own good. Let your friends know you are always ready to accommodate them. Casual dating with male friends can help you see yourself through the eyes of another man who finds you attractive and interesting. Where it might lead will be completely up to you. Concentrate on the positive side of your life like your hobbies and career. Joining community activities help you move on from the affair.
“What’s the future?”
Being in a relationship with someone else’s husband can begin ecstatically but when it ends, it may be a depressing abyss. Step back and identify your priorities in life. Is being with a married man what you want? Do you still see yourself with him five years from today? Married dating tips are filled with information, cautioning both parties to be careful because there will always be pain involved somehow. They advise individuals to think with their head and not their heart.
Why not join a support group where you can talk out all your feelings about the affair you had? Talking it out makes everyone feel better and lighter. Those who listen to you won’t judge you as they have also gone through the same thing you did. No matter how dramatic everything may seem, there will always be a solution to every problem.